Corsair has been in the computer parts industry for so many years and they are venturing into greater heights! In 2010, they started to create gaming peripherals for the mass consumer to see how it fares. Luckily for them, their gaming peripherals were a sure success, and they’ve created a lot more since then.
The Scimitar is an RGB gaming mouse that has a lot of bells and whistles to help the MMO gamers. There is a total of 17 programmable buttons you can assign macros to using the Corsair Utility Engine.
Moreover, the aesthetics of this mouse are just so appealing. The mouse sports a black and yellow color scheme, with the Corsair logo in the middle of the mouse. The mouse wheel and the logo can be assigned colors using the proprietary software. In fact, you can use the full spectrum of 16.8 million colors! So, let your imagination run wild!
Here are the mouse features:
- The world’s most advanced MOBA/MMO gaming mouse
- Revolutionary Key Slider macro button control system
- 8mm travel with secure locking mechanism
- Textured, contoured buttons
- Mechanical switches for precision control
- Optimized shape for MOBA and MMO
- 17 programmable buttons with timer and double macro support
- Multiple rest points for high-endurance comfort
- 12,000 DPI zero-acceleration optical sensor for super-accurate control
- Powerful, comprehensive backlighting software
- Key Slider macro button control system meld comfort with control
And, if you want to know the exact specifications of this gaming mouse, here they are:
- DPI: 100 dpi – 12000 dpi
- Sensor Type: Optical
- Mouse Backlighting: 4 Zone RGB
- Programmable Buttons: 17
- Report Rate: Selectable 1000Hz/500Hz/250Hz/125Hz
- On-board Memory: Yes
- Weight: 147g
- Mouse Feet: Extra Large PTFE
- Dimensions: 119.4mm x 77mm x 48.8mm
- CUE Software: Enabled
- Cable: 1.8m Braided Fiber
This gaming mouse is not only aesthetically pleasing, it is also superior in its construction. The braided cable is a nice addition and it provides another layer of protection. It is also tangle-free as well.
Let’s see what fellow gamers have to say about the Corsair Scimitar RGB:
Phil: “Wow. This mouse is the best mouse I have ever owned. It’s extremely sturdy, very ergonomic, extremely responsive, quite adjustable, and downright beautiful.The grip and feel of the mouse is perfect for my large hands. The rubber resting nook on the side of the mouse for the ring finger is very grippy and comfortable to use for hours upon hours. I would highly recommend this mouse to anybody who needs both a lot of buttons on their mouse and high-end quality. I purchased this on impulse right at release and was wary since it was so new and there weren’t many reviews… but I don’t regret my decision. This is the king of high-button-count mice.”
Jameson: “The mouse is precise to the point of absurdity. The DPI can get so high that your cursor will rocket across the screen if you blow on it, but turn the speed down a bit and it will be the smoothest cursor you’ve used, gliding over each pixel. The buttons are tactile but not loud, good for midnight gaming, and the feel of the entire mouse is superior to the Naga.”